20 October, 2016
Aloe Vera Kiwi Smoothie
Aloe species thrive in the desert region and its stems are succulent with liquid which is full of electrolytes. Commonly known around the world as a miracle plant, one of its main functions is to help to improve digestion.
Hence it is the reason why it is also a common plant that is used to make healthy smoothie, especially for those who are monitoring the weighing scales.
The second lead of today’s recipe is the kiwi fruit, which is also loaded with high dose of vitamin C which is said to be 2 to 3 times more than an orange.
Here is the recipe
– 1 and 1/2 cups cucumber, with peel
– 2 large kiwi, peeled
– 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
– 1/2 cup fresh aloe gel, peeled
– 1 banana, peeled
– 8 ounces of filtered water
– Chunks of pineapple (optional)
1. Add the water to your blender (I recommend this model, http://amzn.to/1t5h1aO)
2. Add followed by the soft fruits.
3. Add the greens to your blender last.
4. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
5. If you find that the aloe is to the bitter side, you can add another banana or some chunks of pineapple.
Highly nutritious, this smoothie is also an excellent source of folate, vitamins B2, B6, C, E, K, folate, as well as minerals including copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, and potassium.
Let’s make some aloe smoothies!