5 March, 2016
Aloe Vera with Strawberry Cucumber Juice for Fasting
What is juice fasting?
Juice fasting (also known as “juice cleansing”) is a controversial fasting method and a detox diet in which a person consumes only fruit and vegetable juices to obtain nutrition while otherwise abstaining from food consumption. Juice fasts may last anywhere from a few days to several weeks. The juice consumed during a juice fast is not the type commercially available, but rather that produced from freshly juiced fruits and vegetables.
Advantages of juice fasting
- balanced pH and blood sugar levels,
- a cleansed and regulated colon,
- weight loss (fat, not water),
- diminished toxin load,
- strengthened immune system,
- increased mental clarity,
- heavy metals cleansing,
- increased liver function capacity,
- loss of cravings for sugar and other stimulants,
- cellular cleansing and rebuilding,
- radiant, glowing complexion,
- diminished pains and allergies (some disappear completely),
- blood, tissue and organ cleansing,
- restored liver function capacity,
- increased energy levels,
- emotional cleansing and release,
- and an enhanced sense of joy and lightness is usually experienced.
Well, if you think that your health has not been doing that great, you have body odor, friends told you have bad breath, look lethargic, general lack in the energy level or constipation, you may like to consider having a few days of juice fasting. Look around, there are many juice fast recipes which you can refer too. There are many books which you buy about juice fast, like this one, which I find it awesome.
Okay, we shall present to you a juice fasting recipe with aloe vera right here:
Here are the ingredients:
1. One pound of Strawberries, and slice them into halves.
2. 3 regular size cucumbers, wash well, peeled and slice them into halves.
3. 2 oz of ready made Aloe Juice (preferably Herbalife Aloe concentrate, which I like)
Steps of preparation:
1. Very simple.
2. Divide the 1 pound of sliced strawberries into 3 equal portions.
3. Divide the sliced cucumbers into 3 equal portions as well.
4. Take the first portion of strawberries, blend them with the first portion of the sliced cucumbers.
5. Repeat step 4 until all portions of cucumbers/strawberries are fully blended.
6. Empty it into a jar.
7. Take the 2 oz of Aloe Concentrate/Juice and pour it into the jar.
8. Stir well and enjoy.
PS: this serves 1 person.
Let’s make some aloe juice!