19 November, 2014
Aloe Smoothie with Strawberry and Lemonade
Strawberry is always a pleasing and appealing to many. Besides looking good, it is packed with healthy stuffs too, since it belongs to the berry family known for its ‘superfood‘ qualities. This recipe today combines aloe vera gel, maple syrup, lemon juice, water and of course strawberries!
Hence it is very simple and highly refreshing! By having aloe vere added, it gives a frothy but smooth consistency without an overpowering taste due to the sourness of lemonade.
The health perks of aloe vera have been mentioned many times in this blog, however, it is worth repeating again:
1. Packed with vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3 + B6.
2. Balances digestion + elimination.
3. Aids in detoxification.
4. Promotes alkalinity.
5. Contains 20 of the 22 amino acids, including 7 of 8 essential ones.
6. Inhibits inflammation.
7. Enhances immune function and stimulates the body’s defenses against stress.
8. Many more…
Here are the ingredients
– ¼ cup fresh aloe gel
– 1½ cups frozen strawberries
– 1 cup water
– 1½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– Add all ingredients to a good blender.
– Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and frothy.
– Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Let’s make some aloe juice!