5 February, 2017
Pineapple, Papaya and Aloe Vera Juice
Don’t be taken aback by this orange juice mixture that looks like “rusty” color! This is a favorite aloe juice recipe for older folks who are having hypertensions. The reason being it helps to manage blood pressure by dilating the capillaries and improving the blood circulation.
For those who are interested, here is a video that explains what is hypertension.
Hence, this juice recipe is very suitable for older folks, especially as part of the healthy breakfast. Of course this is suitable for most grownups. Everyone knows the natural goodness of aloe vera.
How about pineapple and papaya? Pineapple has a rich source of potassium which lessens the sodium effects and for papaya, this is a cheap amazing tropical fruit which contains papain, a substance that helps break down protein for easier absorption. It is also a rich source of antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids.
Ingredients (serves 2 glasses)
– 3/4 cup pineapple cubes
– 3/4 cup papaya cubes
– 1/4 cup finely chopped aloe vera
– 1/2 tsp lemon juice
– 1 tsp honey
– Some ice crushes
1. Add the pineapple cubes, papaya cubes and aloe vera.
2. Blend in a juicer till smooth.
3. Strain the juice using a strainer.
4. Add the lemon juice and honey and mix well.
5. Add ice crushes in 2 individual glasses
6. Pour equal quantities of the juice over it.
Enjoy it immediately.